TRC International Development Programme- NY & DC
In March 2017 seven senior TV executives from Scotland and Northern Ireland visited New York and Washington DC to meet with top US television channels as part of TRCmedia's International Development Programme.
- The stateside business trip was the culmination of a six month training programme (The International Development Programme) for senior production executives from independent television production companies based in Scotland and Northern Ireland who have aspirations for international growth.
- The training programme consisted of six monthly sessions in the TRC offices in Glasgow on themes ranging from honing pitching skills to negotiating and clinching a deal. The UK producers also gained vital intelligence on US markets to prepare them for the stateside trip.
- Trip Time! USA here we come...
- The packed schedule gave the seven producers the opportunity to meet with commissioning editors in New York and Washington DC from channels including HBO, National Geographic, TLC, Discovery Channel, Smithsonian, FYI, Lifetime and A&E.
- New York
- The producers also had the opportunity to meet with a host of US production companies to discuss possible co-production opportunities in an event organised by PactUS.
- Washington DC