Sept. 11: Grief, outrage on Twitter on 9/11 anniversary
The power of a single photo. A Toronto Blue Jay's memory. Outrage at a Kardashian promo during a moment of silence. People remembered 9/11 in different ways. Here's a look at what people were saying online.
- What do you remember most from Sept. 11, 2001? Tweet your memories to us @TorontoStar.
- — Nadia Klein (@NadiaLeahKlein)Tue, Sep 11 2012 12:35:37@TorontoStar only time in my life i have experienced complete silence on the ttc. all passengers reading the extra edition and crying
- — Terry McCann (@terrycmc)Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:26:57@TorontoStar The moment I realized that those 'things' that were falling off the building were actually people jumping to their deaths.
- — Sean Pearce (@Bradford_Topic)Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:17:41@TorontoStar I was at York U and heard from my walkman. It was surreal knowing of the attacks while most around me were blissfully unaware.
- — Kaitlin (@KaitlinWitcher)Tue, Sep 11 2012 09:59:52Just realized today was 9/11 :c I remember being in my 3rd grade classroom watching it on TV while my teacher was crying. #RIP
- — jp arencibia (@jparencibia9)Tue, Sep 11 2012 09:11:41
- Blue Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia
- — Scooter Braun (@scooterbraun)Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:26:03
- — Daniel Robert Wilson (@DanielRWilson)Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:16:17@TorontoStar such an important moment in history that I was alive for. And Rosie's piece is an example of stellar writing under pressure.
- — Ally Carter (@OfficiallyAlly)Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:27:16I am going to write today. And work out. And remember. And LIVE. Sometimes that is the best tribute. #september11
- Kardashian interview or moment of silence? Not everyone was honouring the anniversary the same way, as this tweet explains:
- — Dustin Mc[Suffix] (@DustinThe_Wind_)Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:46:53Apparently NBC didn't air the moment of silence for 9/11 today. They instead opted to show a Kardashian interview. #StayClassyNBC
- Their decision met with much outrage online:
- — Steven Adam (@StevenA54)Tue, Sep 11 2012 11:01:36‘Today’ passes on 9/11 moment of silence http://soc.li/IQyY2QY Y Total disregard and opted for trash instead. Way to go Today Show.
- The Toronto Star covered the 9/11 attacks extensively. Here are a few of our front pages from that time.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.