Roger Ebert: Twitter mourns death of legendary film critic
Everyone from filmmakers, to critics, to movie fans mourned the loss of Roger Ebert -- "the most famous and most popular film reviewer of his time" -- on Twitter Thursday. He was 70. What are your favourite memories of Ebert?
- Ebert's death hit home locally with Toronto critics and the film industry.
- It was also felt by an even wider circle of friends and colleagues:
- — darren aronofsky (@DarrenAronofsky)Thu, Apr 04 2013 13:01:43we lost a thoughtful writer, i remember my first review from him, pi (i got his and siskel's thumbs) it was a career highlight. #rogerebert
- — Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself)Thu, Apr 04 2013 13:01:16RIP and goodbye Roger Ebert. You sent me such nice emails over the years. I loved your twitter feed, enjoyed your reviews. Thank you.
- — Sandra Bernhard (@SandraBernhard)Thu, Apr 04 2013 12:56:15two thumbs up roger. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/roger-ebert-dead_n_3016769.html …ost.com/2013/04/04/roger-ebert-dead_n_3016769.html
- The night before Ebert died, he wrote this post about taking a 'leave of presence' as his cancer had returned:
- Actor Steve Martin tweeted Wednesday night in response:
- — Steve Martin (@SteveMartinToGo)Wed, Apr 03 2013 16:46:31All best thoughts to Roger Ebert who's undergoing another battle. He's been a part of my life for my whole career. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/03/roger-ebert-taking-leave-of-presence-as-cancer-returns/?hpt=hp_t2 …2013/04/03/rog…
- Movie fans also mourned the loss of the legendary film reviewer, whose late co-host Gene Siskel died in 1999.
- — Tom Stidman (@redneckotaku)Thu, Apr 04 2013 12:40:48One of Anime's great advocates in the main stream, Roger Ebert has passed. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/17320958-418/roger-ebert-dies-at-70-after-battle-with-cancer.html …o/173… Man was a great fan of Miyazki.
- — Coury Carlson (@couryc)Thu, Apr 04 2013 12:39:41I grew up watching Siskel and Ebert on Saturday evenings at my Dad’s. The last 10 years, he was the only film critic whose reviews I’d read
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.