Rob Ford removed from office: Twitter reacts
Breaking news in Toronto on Monday, as mayor Rob Ford is ousted from office after a conflict of interest ruling. Twitter lit up with jokes and concern for Toronto's future, as "Rob Ford" was trending on Twitter worldwide. Here's a roundup.
- — robyndoolittle (@robyndoolittle)Mon, Nov 26 2012 07:34:42Unclear is whether he can run in a by election. The decision says he can run again after the "current term - is that in 2 years?
- — robyndoolittle (@robyndoolittle)Mon, Nov 26 2012 07:36:16Hackland: "it is apparent that the respondent was and remains focused on the nature of his football foundation and the good work it does"
- Politicians have started weighing in on the ruling:
- Mihevc is city councillor in Ward 21, St. Paul's West.
- Before the ruling, Councillor James Pasternak, Ward 10 (York Centre), tweeted this.
- What do you think of the ruling? Tweet to us @TorontoStar.
Here's what some Torontonians were saying just after the ruling Monday morning.
- THE SERIOUS:
- — Doc Pickles (@docpickles)Mon, Nov 26 2012 07:59:52
- — Derek Simon (@DartmouthDerek)Mon, Nov 26 2012 07:48:04
- THE JOKES:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!