Parents, students vent about 4 a.m. ruling on teacher walkout
There was little sympathy for teachers on Twitter Friday as angry parents and students tweeted their frustration at finding out GTA schools were open after being told they would be closed for a teacher walkout. The walkout was ruled illegal at 4 a.m.
- Like the parent in the above photo, some rushed their kids off to school after schools became open. For some, that meant towing crying children upset about missing a day off.
- We asked how readers felt about all this. You answered. Here's some of your reaction tweeted directly to @TorontoStar.Some parents were upset, but there was some sympathy for teachers:
- Anger. Frustration. Confusion. In general, many parents tweeted their displeasure at finding out so last minute about the walkout change.
- ETFO president Sam Hammond, above, instructed teachers to go to work if their schools were open after their planned protest was deemed illegal.
- What about students and daycare workers?
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- ATHMy son did not go to school today. The argument between the unions and the TDSB is entirely fought out over the heads of our children. What do I tell my son...My son did not go to school today. The argument between the unions and the TDSB is entirely fought out over the heads of our children. What do I tell my son? They, the parties that look after the education of our children, have an argument. One party is upset, so they decided to go on strike, but that is illegal so they call it something else. At 4am, the other party concluded that it was illegal, so now you have to go to school? Oh, by the way, your school board made that decision at 4am. So don't be late! I don't think so! How many mistakes can you find in this story? Just to mention, I wrote this all myself, I didn't copy anyone. What on earth is going on with our school system?more2013-01-11T20:14:44.164Z