NHL lockout: Is the season saved? Twitter abuzz with excitement
The NHL offered a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenue with the NHLPA in a bid to start a full season Nov. 2. Hockey fans excited about the possibility of a deal are pumped and eagerly waiting for the official response. Here's a look at what people are saying. Thoughts? Tell us @TorontoStar.
- Before the announcement, morale was low among fans...
- Then a deal was offered by the NHL to the NHLPA:
DEAL: 50-50 split of hockey-related revenue.GAMES: Full season, 82 games.START: The season would start Friday, Nov. 2.
STANLEY CUP: Would be played before the end of June.
Is this a good deal? Tweet us your comments and ideas @TorontoStar.
- Many fans are, how shall we say, excited by the prospect of the season starting within weeks.
- Though NHL players have been generally quiet on social media about the news, some of them have also expressed their displeasure online about the lockout.
- Some players had difficulty finding places to skate in the meantime.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!