Chris Hadfield welcomed home from space
Sure, politicians welcomed astronaut Chris Hadfield back to Earth, but it was his fans - just regular Canadians - who really celebrated his return. In no particular order, here's a look at the top 10 tweets.
- To put it simply
- Here come the sci-fi references
- Making Canadians proud
- — Marianne (@marianne_rocks1)Mon, May 13 2013 20:10:53Welcome back to earth @Cmdr_Hadfield ! Thx for taking us along for the ride on your space journey! Canada's proud, you inspired the world!
- What if the Leafs had won?
- It's all Hadfield's fault!
- — Passive Voice (@ZKlineWHRB)Mon, May 13 2013 19:43:26How the hell does Hadfield let that happen? Does he know nothing about hockey? If you're in space and your team is winning YOU STAY IN SPACE
- It wasn't just about playing David Bowie in space
- — Gary Pearson (@captainpearson)Tue, May 14 2013 06:38:53Thanks @Cmdr_Hadfield for somehow promoting science, communications, humanities & the arts while orbiting 400 km above the earth.
- We'll miss your photos
- Think of the children!
- — Nathan Smith (@nsmitham980)Mon, May 13 2013 19:29:01Chris Hadfield has unlocked the imaginations of millions of children who now dream of tweeting Instagrams of their own from space. #science
- Seeing the world differently
- — Chris Buddle (@CMBuddle)Sun, May 12 2013 12:37:33
- ALSO FROM THE STAR:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.