B.C. election: Canadians shocked by Christy Clark win
According to polls, it seemed the NDP was a shoe-in in the B.C. election, but Liberal Leader Christy Clark pulled off an upset for the ages and won. It shocked many Canadians, who shared their disbelief on Twitter - some happily, others dismally.
- — Adrian Chalifour (@AdrianChalifour)Tue, May 14 2013 22:50:05
- This tweet about sums up the surprising results and the reactions of many on Twitter:
- Is "stunned" an understatement?
- — Kyle Donaldson (@donaldsonkyle)Tue, May 14 2013 21:36:17
- Clark was trailing behind the NDP by almost 20 points at the start of her campaign. How must they be feeling today?
- Why were the polls so wrong?
- — Brent Holliday (@bholly)Tue, May 14 2013 21:36:51
- Did enough people vote?
- — Deryn Collier (@deryncollier)Wed, May 15 2013 05:55:33Moral of the story? If only 1/2 of us vote, we all have to live with the result only 1/4 of us want. #bcpoli
- Clark won? Great news!
- — Alison Redford (@Premier_Redford)Tue, May 14 2013 22:50:00
- Clark won? Terrible news!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.