#QantasLuxury - case study in Twitter PR & marketing fail
Qantas Airways launches a Twitter competition on 22.11.11 with $30 prizes of first class amenities packs (with pyjamas!) as the prize. Within minutes of it launching, it spread through Twitter in a firestorm of hijacked tweets, some of the top themes picked out here for posterity.
- — Violet Verbena (@violet_verbena)Mon, Nov 21 2011 18:50:56
- — Laura Holland (@Ivalaine)Mon, Nov 21 2011 19:02:24#qantasluxury having a skybed so "superior in its class" you have to be under 5 foot to be able to use it with your legs straight.
- — Christopher Biggs (@unixbigot)Mon, Nov 21 2011 19:02:42
- — Mark Newton (@NewtonMark)Mon, Nov 21 2011 18:52:41
- — Julius Flywheel (@JuliusFlywheel)Mon, Nov 21 2011 18:52:28
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.