Romney's Tough Day in London
Search for tweets on Mitt Romney's trip to London and the results are decidedly one-sided. The press can be notoriously tough on visiting Americans, and Mr. Romney was no exception. His comments -- and how they were interpreted -- strirred up anger and strong defenses of the London Olympic Games.
- — Martin Lewis (@MartinSLewis)Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:05:33Thank you Mitt Romney. If anything can make the whole UK pull together behind the games, its a patronising US republican telling us we can't
- — Iain Martin (@iainmartin1)Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:08:13Romney paying price for coming to London for photo-op rather than to say something substantial, eg on the economy #romneyshambles
- — James Chapman (Mail) (@jameschappers)Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:05:50Serious dismay in Whitehall at Romney debut. 'Worse than Sarah Palin.' 'Total car crash'. Two of the kinder verdicts #romneyshambles
- — Jonathan Freedland (@j_freedland)Thu, Jul 26 2012 13:43:52Romney's gaffe best thing to happen to #london2012: now even doubters will get behind Games to spite the meddling American
- — Hamir Patel (@hamir_patel)Thu, Jul 26 2012 14:07:09Think I preferred Cameron's passive aggressive retort to Boris' public mocking, we do the former a lot better. #romneyshambles
- — Darren Lewis (@BristolRed)Thu, Jul 26 2012 11:52:58
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.