Rice as VP or Not VP?
A new round of speculation about Mitt Romney's running-mate deliberations ensued after a Drudge Report article mentioned an unconventional choice as the front runner: former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Rice had recently said she isn't interested. Below, reactions on Twitter.
- First, a tweet from Matt Drudge:
- Then the story, and some surprise:
- Some believed the news to be an attempt by the Romney camp to change the subject, and debated whether she was really a top prospect.
- — Kurt Davidson (@kurtdavidson)Fri, Jul 13 2012 05:36:55To give @MittRomney some credit... this Condi Rice leak is a perfect distraction from the Bain frenzy and the media is salivating from it!
- — Andrew Kaczynski (@BuzzFeedAndrew)Thu, Jul 12 2012 17:17:35So Bain attacks scared Romney camp enough to pull out big distraction w/Condi as veep. Two more bad news cycles they will be leaking Trump.
- — Mark Murray (@mmurraypolitics)Fri, Jul 13 2012 06:24:44And if you think Condi Rice is going to be Romney's eventual VP pick, we have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you...
- Or a good (or bad) PR move to kickstart interest in the campaign.
- — George Zornick (@gzornick)Thu, Jul 12 2012 18:26:57Drudge runs story on Condi as VP on same night Romney campaign sends out fundraising email touting chance to meet VP. Funny how that works
- There was also excitement from Ms. Rice fans:
- But many focused on the pros and cons -- and the odds -- of Ms. Rice being selected.
- — James Brown (@jammy_brown)Fri, Jul 13 2012 07:42:34Condoleezza Rice as running mate for Mitt Romney? That's a slightly worrying development for Obama. Mitt could win with her, hopefully not.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.