Photos, videos, news updates of Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy has picked up strength and is expected to make landfall Monday evening or night along the southern New Jersey coast.
- Here's a look at power outages in the Northeast:
- NewsOK's Washington, D.C. correspondent describes weather conditions and how #Sandy is impacting the political scene.
Below is also a NewsOK weather report about the storm's status.
- The Weather Channel reports Hurricane Sandy is moving toward the Northeast at 90 mph. It is expected to hit the New Jersey Shore within a few hours and could potentially be a life-threatening situation.
- Two major crude oil refineries in New Jersey have closed as Hurricane Sandy approaches, but it is still unclear how the storm will affect gasoline prices throughout the country. Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan at GasBuddy.com wrote Monday that there are several factors involved that could affect gasoline prices.
- Crews from a couple of Oklahoma electric utilities are headed east to help with power restoration in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
- View more photos from the storm in this NewsOK photo gallery:
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie gave a briefing on the storm about 11:30 a.m. Monday. Watch here:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.