BIAS, Inc. — A Farewell from the Net
After getting used to the fact that noone else but Apple acquired the Italian audio-start-up Redmatica, the Mac recording community had to cope with another loss from the list of its leading software manufacturers: BIAS, Inc., the team behind audio editor Peak, has gone out of business last week.
- BIAS posted the sad news via its website.
- While staying unclear about the precise reasons, Steve Berkley, CEO of BIAS Inc., joined the discussion on gearslutz.com to offer a perspective on what happened to his company.
- Fernando Gros has compiled a pretty good summary of what hapenned over the last couple of days.
- Michael Bierylo, who discovered Peak early when it was released in 1995 with a beta release, posted an excellent eulogy for the audio editor.
- As you can imagine, the news of BIAS going out of business created a lot of comments and discussions on Twitter as well.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.