Bellingham Costco at centre of cross-border shopping debate
Cheap flights, cheap milk - but not for Canadians. Or at least, that's the message a Facebook page called 'Bellingham Costco needs a special time just for Americans' seems to be pushing. See what Americans and Canadians had to say about the story that has since drawn international attention.
- — Conrad Malilay (@ConradMalilay)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:20:08BC shoppers, we need to organize an invade Costco Bellingham weekend and really show them what we're made of!!!!!
- — Marina Antunes (@themarina)Mon, Aug 13 2012 09:34:45So Bellingham is pissed that we Canucks clog up their Costco. Oh please.Would Bellingham exist without Canadian $? http://ow.ly/cW0so
- — Jonathan Kaiser (@jonathankaiser)Mon, Aug 13 2012 16:59:46LOL who wants to go to Bellingham costco and buy up all the milk, cheese and fuel? http://tinyurl.com/9nxb4o2 nxb4o2
- — Zedamark (@Zedamark)Mon, Aug 13 2012 16:33:31Bellingham is mad because #Vancouver is taking over their Costco. Guess they haven't heard how bad America is hurting. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/08/12/bc-bellingham-costco-canadians.html …ws/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/08/12/bc-bellingham-costco-canadians.html
- — Victoria D (@islandgirl11)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:41:00Funny, when the US$ was strong folks from Bellingham had NO issue coming up & generally being PITA. Now that the shoes on the other foot...
- — Victoria D (@islandgirl11)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:44:34And...now that Target is moving to Canada, look for fewer Canadians visiting. Keep your precious milk. It's full of bad stuff anyhow.
- — Jessica Walde Tracy (@Jessiepie9)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:38:21Maybe the Costco in Bellingham should have a separate entrance for us Canadians. We can park at the back of the parking lot.
- — Monica Rios Howeth (@Howeth)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:29:39
- — charmaine (@goingtoplaces)Mon, Aug 13 2012 15:25:53i was planning on heading to bellingham this weekend for supplies but if people are going to be ridiculous then i'm just going to stay here
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- Heinz ProbstWe had same problems in Niagara Falls and Buffalo years ago.The Canadians paid so much I to local coffers they do not complain so much anymore2012-08-15T17:16:36.901Z