Content Curation, Social Media and Indirect Sales
Real Time News Curator Robin Good Chides Scoop.it Developer Guillaume De Cugis about the technical meaning of curation in contrast to Magazine-Making. But what is really being said?
"Leadership IS Sales" - Donald Trump
"Thought Leadership IS Contextual Sales" - Russell Wright
- To find out more about this debate, read Robin Good's entire post:
- Also read the comments by clicking the Scoop.it comments drop down button, where the conversation took place:
- Russell Wright (of ThemeZoom.com) rants about "content curation" versus "meaning curation" (12 minutes):
"Content Curation is not about helping people reduce 'information overload' - it is about helping to reduce 'Potential Meaning' overload. Such a service is therefore indirect sales, or "contextual selling" - Russell Wright
"Many people curate topics that they are passionate about . . . and passion sells . . . directly or indirectly."
"There is no such thing as information overload . . . there is only potential meaning overload" - David Allen
- Both content and meaning curation relate to the subject of heuristics and decision making. Curators need to consider their own role in influencing the decisions made by others as a response to their personal curation efforts. Inventor and entrepreneur Russell Wright has developed concepts along these lines, including ACV (acceptance for cognitive value) which could help curators think more clearly and honestly about "Curation-as-Persuasion":
- We are passionate about reducing "potential meaning" overload as value added. Join us to learn more about this topic. We want you to be truly empowered to create new meaning:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- robertworstellContent curation gives relevance through Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs + Cialdini's "Influence" points. Recognise the basic emotional needs and wants and serve...Content curation gives relevance through Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs + Cialdini's "Influence" points. Recognise the basic emotional needs and wants and serve these. Value (exchanged through sales of that service) determines/is determined by relevance.more2012-11-16T04:22:04.193Z