7 social media disasters of 2012
One Tweet can do a lot of damage. In no particular order, here's a look at some of the year's biggest blunders on social media
- 1: Newsweek's #MuslimRage
- A Newsweek magazine story written by a Dutch-Somali critic of Islam was followed by a social media push inviting users to discuss the magazine's cover using the #MuslimRage hashtag.
- The hashtag was hijacked and turned into ridicule
- 2: #McDStories
- Disgruntled Rogers customers did not take kindly to this Tweet
- The hashtag became a rallying cry for customers to gripe publicly about Rogers' customer service.
- 4: Donald Trump
- In October, the real estate mogul cemented his rep as a constant source for ridicule when he announced via video on his Twitter feed that if President Barack Obama releases his college and passport records, he will contribute $5-million to a charity of Obama's choice.
- The mocking was quick and fierce.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!