Vacarro defends comments about DKR
What started as an honest opinion by Longhorn Safety Kenny Vaccaro ended up as a Twitter rally.
- It all started at a Monday Sept. 10, 2012 press availability. Daily Texan Sports Editor Christian Corona, Senior Sports Writers Lauren Giudice and Chris Hummer, and Associate Managing Editor Trey Scott were in attendance.
- With UT's first away game against Ole Miss coming up on Saturday Sept. 15, Hummer asked Longhorns safety Kenny Vaccaro if he likes playing on the road better.
- “I like without a doubt playing on the road better than playing at home,” Vaccaro said. “It’s way louder and gets me way [more excited]. No offense to our fans, but [DKR] is not loud.”
- The conversation that started as a Daily Texan article on Tuesday Sept. 11, 2012, didn't stop there though. Soon it was picked up on Twitter:
- Kenny Vaccaro picked up on the conversation, and began to defend his comments:
- Other players joined in as well:
- Fans had mixed feelings toward Vaccaro's comments. Some doubted his passion, and others promised to be louder at UT's next home game against West Virginia on Oct.6:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.