What is a PC?
I asked Twitter to define the word "PC." I got dozens of different, sometimes wildly contradictory takes.
- — Dan Douston (@DangerousDanD)Tue, Feb 07 2012 17:18:05@harrymccracken A digital device that allows a user to create and consume content, connects to the Internet, and serves porn to teenagers.
- — Lindsey Turrentine (@lturrentine)Tue, Feb 07 2012 17:14:01@harrymccracken Pop definition, or what I think PC should mean? If the latter, a computer that works for me (tablet, laptop, whatever).
- — Romit Mehta (@TheRomit)Tue, Feb 07 2012 17:21:12@harrymccracken a device which lets me create and organize email, photos, music, videos, etc. and lets me use a variety of attchmts with it.
- — pobregizmo (@pobregizmo)Tue, Feb 07 2012 17:33:15@harrymccracken A primary computing device, used for general tasks but not limited to pocket size/hand size (as a smartphone is).
- — Madison McPheeters (@MMcPheeters)Tue, Feb 07 2012 18:28:10@harrymccracken A PC is a piece of electronics with a screen and OS used for creating and consuming content and communicating with others.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.