What is SXSW Interactive?SXSW (Pronounced South-By-Southwest)
- An annual festival in Austin Texas with major tracks for Film / Interactive / Music
- Interactive is "the place" for API launches, software releases. Twitter gained its following at SXSW in 2007. Foursquare launched there in 2009.
STATISTICS FOR SXSW INTERACTIVE 2012:
• Interactive Conference Participants: 24,569 (from 72 foreign countries)
• Interactive Conference Sessions: 1,033
• Interactive Conference Speakers: 2,591
• Interactive Media in Attendance (approximate): 3,203
• Media attention from coast to coast and numerous countries around the world with print and online publication
coverage in 2011 totaling almost $38 million.
incubator of cutting-edge technologies…SXSW Interactive has become the
place to experience a preview of what is unfolding in the world of
technology.” - SXSW Inc.