Live-tweeted and Instagrammed cochlear implant (hearing restoration) surgery on October 2, 2012
@Swedish in Seattle, WA was inspired to create more resources for people with hearing loss after learning how few people know that cochlear implants are available, according to our surgeon. See the live-tweeted and Instagrammed cochlear implant surgery, plus additional resources from the web series:
- This is the inspiration behind #SwedishHear:
- A few different tweets, articles, and features prior to the live-tweeted and Instagrammed surgery:
- — Leslie Katz (@lesatnews)Mon, Oct 01 2012 15:48:13
- — Swedish (@Swedish)Mon, Oct 01 2012 11:34:05
- — Doose Ugo (@ChrBionicWoman)Mon, Oct 01 2012 15:21:13My last RT.... Interesting!! I have only ever seen photos of my opinion post-surgery. This should be very insightful. Follow @Swedish
- We arrived early on Tuesday, October 2 at our Swedish Cherry Hill campus to scrub up and follow Mrs. Day throughout the process, beginning at 5:30 a.m. (PT):
- — Trainee ENT Surgeon (@otorhinolarydoc)Tue, Oct 02 2012 06:04:44@Swedish I am so proud that you are doing this on SoMe. Thank your patient and the treating team for your willingness to involve the world.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!