Circular Economy Thinking #CEThinking
12 February 2016 Circular Economy Thinking #CEThinking -Challenges and Opportunities for the Construction Sector This workshop seeks to explore the application of circular economy thinking to construction and the built environment and to start to develop a set of practical and research actions that need to be undertaken. Join us here and on the hashtag #CEThinking
- Venue: etc.venues Victoria, One Drummond Gate, Victoria, London SW1V 2QQ
- Who should attend:
Construction professionals who are trying to implement circular economy thinking - clients, architects, designers, specifiers, contractors, construction product manufacturers.
- Tickets are now sold out. Join us here on the live blog and on Twitter #CEThinking
UPDATE: Watch the presentations online:
- The workshop is convened under the aegis of the government/industry Green Construction Board (GCB). The Board is the Sustainability work stream of the Construction Leadership Council and the role of the GCB is to provide leadership and action to enable the whole value chain (clients, contractors, product manufacturers and suppliers) to become more environmentally sustainable, more productive and better placed to exploit the growing global market.
The project partners for this workshop are the GCB, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), the Construction Products Association (CPA), the KTN, BRE and Just Practising.
- The Construction Products Association is the UK umbrella trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of construction products and materials. With 24 big company members and 36 trade association members it represents awide range of material sectors and product manufacturers and distributors.
On sustainabilityissues it provides leadership to its members helping to catalyse their thinkingand action on a wide range of topics from energy efficiency, lowering carbon,water management, measuring and reporting sustainability performance andembodied impacts, resource efficiency and the circular economy.
CPA is also a member of Construction Products Europe, the umbrella trade association for European construction product associations.
Speakers:Robert Pearce, Green Construction Board Circular Economy Group
Mike Putnam, Chair, GreenConstruction Board & CEO, Skanska
Mike Pitts, Innovate UK
Sabine Oberhuber, Turntoo
Susie Tomson, PCSG
NiteshMagdani, Director of Sustainability, BAM Construct UK Ltd
Howard Button, CEO,National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC)
Jane Thornback, Construction Products Association (CPA)
Simon Sturgis, SCP
Gilli Hobbs, Building Research Establishment
#CEThinking Knowledge Resource for Circular Economy Thinking in Construction - an interactive PDF
- Download the interactive pdf from this link:
Follow Along on the Day Here: