Welcome to the most social event in history! Here's your Storify Olympics Toolkit
There's a reason NBC, the TV home of The Summer Games, is using Storify to pull together the Olympics. Here's how you can, too.
Why Storify The Olympics?
- Olympic athletes tweeting before a race, dive or game. Cell phone cameras catching every angle of the Olympic experience. Olympic memes making the world laugh. Human drama played out on the world stage. Records being broken in real time. Welcome to the social media Olympics, the Summer Games 2012, perhaps the most social event in history. Don't get lost in a barrage of Olympics social media or just wait for the good stuff to find you. Here are ways to dive into the Games and take part, real-time. You need tools. Here they are.
See all the Olympics news on our front page and new Olympics section
- Each day you'll see great Olympics Storify stories in our special Olympics section. Just click the banner on the front page. We'll also feature top stories, tweet about them, post them to our Facebook page, and feature them in our Storify account stories.
Follow NBC's daily Olympics Storify stories
- We're partnering with NBC to bring TV coverage and social media coverage of the Games together. NBC will curate streams of real-time Olympic content, curated by NBC journalists, and embed them across Today.com as well as NBC’s 10 owned TV station websites. See NBC News' Storify account below.
Search a Twitter list of top athletes to see their pics and tweets
- See the Olympics like an athlete! For the first time, athletes are tweeting out photos and opinions from the Olympics. How do you tune into all that content, and curate what you want to save? You can follow athletes individually, or via a list like the one from NBC, below.
- To see all the tweets from this list and pull the best ones into a Storify story, just search the name of the list, as shown in the pic below.
Pin the beautiful Olympics pics you see on Storify to your Pinterest account
- You can Pinterest any photo -- or tweet -- you see on Storify. There will be plenty of beautiful Olympics photos. You can even create the board as you pin. Just click the Pinterest logo above any element, as shown below.
- To find the photos, search "Olympics" on Instagram, Flickr, Google Images or Twitter Images.
Got a favorite event, nation, athlete? Collect press mentions, pics, videos of what you want to save
- If you're following, say, the hurdles this Olympics and want to collect social media and traditional media about the events, you can do it here, in dynamic social media.