Mistake with our database knocks down Storify stories
Thanks for bearing with us today when a mistake on our end knocked down our database. We're restoring your stories. Here's what happened.
- If you were looking for one of your Storify stories today, you might have been startled to find it missing. We’re sorry if we worried you. All stories published before today are fine. Those stories published today have been restored to the Drafts tab on your user profile page.
- If you built and saved a draft today that you never published, that was unfortunately lost. We take this issue seriously and know you put valuable time and effort into stories, and are working to make sure this doesn't happen again.
- Here's what happened: At 3:42 p.m. PST today, a member of our team accidentally deleted our database, believing he was only deleting a copy on his own laptop. (Not good. #understatement) This required us to restore the database. If you were impacted, we’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
- While we restored the database, we suspended story creation, affecting many users. We know downtime is inconvenient and unacceptable, and we are working to prevent problems like this from happening.
- Our users seem to understand that innovation can be unpredictable.
- We try to keep you in the loop and be forthright when problems happen. We will continue to update you on the status of this problem. We do appreciate the support.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 18 already did!
- Alex DaleIt happens sometimes. Is there a means for us to get a backup.2013-08-12T10:41:17.558Z
- CarolineBCan we have an update? 404s and not able to export to a WP site..........thought it was my ineptitude at first!2012-09-26T00:55:49.669Z
- Lynne MelcombeAlso, getting a lot of weird "ghost" links on my screen ... extra link boxes that I can't delete or move. Nothing is working properly. Wasted hours on this...Also, getting a lot of weird "ghost" links on my screen ... extra link boxes that I can't delete or move. Nothing is working properly. Wasted hours on this yesterday, assumed it would be fixed today and tried again. Still no go. more2012-09-25T17:38:18.960Z
- Lynne MelcombeI see that this was posted 5 days ago, but I'm still having problems. Can't save a story, can't retrieve a lot of links, what's going on?2012-09-25T17:36:16.396Z
- Dale GarmanI don't know if this is related, or not - but I can't login to Storify thru Firefox. However, I'm able to thru IE. I sent an email for support, but no...I don't know if this is related, or not - but I can't login to Storify thru Firefox. However, I'm able to thru IE. I sent an email for support, but no response, yet.more2012-09-25T02:02:15.711Z
- the-indegoI have done the same thing; delete a database by accident. It's not fun.2012-09-22T07:21:57.025Z
- seanpenrithI note your comment that "All stories published before today are fine." I published mine yesterday and poof, its now a 404 Error.2012-09-21T17:59:52.902Z
- Leslie WellerEasier for those of us who weren't in a critical story dev phase to forgive @Storify. I do very much enjoy the honest apology. But of course raises all sorts of...Easier for those of us who weren't in a critical story dev phase to forgive @Storify. I do very much enjoy the honest apology. But of course raises all sorts of Cloud questions in general, when it comes to which assets your brand controls "out there".more2012-09-21T16:07:05.071Z
- Humane Society of MOMy story was only partially restored, and I can't even rebuild it because the Bookmarklet for both Chrome and FF aren't working.2012-09-21T14:42:50.365Z
- George OnlineAlso, not all stories were completely restored. Mine (and some of my students) have come back in a very rough state.2012-09-21T13:42:40.163Z