Get connected! (To your Google+ and Facebook Pages)
New connections to your Storify profile allow you to use Google Authorship and display your brand's Facebook Page.
- At Storify, we always have our ears (and APIs) open to new developments and feedback. After hearing about Google's "Authorship" information and the need for brands to connect their Facebook Pages to Storify recently, we got to work bringing both of these to the service. Check 'em out!
- Have you ever seen results like these pop up when doing a Google search?
- These info-rich results are what you get if you use "Google Authorship," Google's way to connecting you to any content you're contributing (or "authoring") on the web.
- If you have a Google+ profile, you can now have your author info show up for Storify content you've created! Here's how:
- Step 1: Connect your Google+ account in Settings
- Step 2: Edit the Links area of your Google+ profile
- • In the "Contributor to" area, click "Add custom link"• In the "Label" field, type "Storify"• In the "URL" field, type your Storify profile URL
- Step 3: Wait for Google to process your connection
- It can take up to 24 hours for Google to recognize your contributor connection and change its search results. When it does, your Google Authorship information will be associated with your Storify stories!
- Google Authorship connection is available today and free for all Storify accounts.
Connect Facebook Pages to your Storify profile
- With the launch of Storify Business this year, we've seen a massive amount of brands, businesses and PR agencies using Storify in new ways.One bit of feedback we got right away was that they'd like to customize their Storify profile by linking the brand's Facebook Page to is (and be able to share Storify content to the page directly). Now any Storify Business account can do this by following these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your personal Facebook account in Settings
- Note: If you already had your personal Facebook account connected, you will need to unlink and reconnect it to use this.
- Step 2: Authorize Storify and select your Facebook Page
- That's it! Your Storify Business profile will now display a link to your brand's Facebook Page, and choosing to share stories to Facebook when publishing will send them to your Page's wall instead of your personal Facebook account.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 42 already did!
- fusserGreat addon, connected to g+ :)2013-11-18T17:39:56.793Z
- gianniBla paternità di google nn uscirà mai finchè non sara inserito il tag rel "me" in ogni storify2013-10-27T21:03:43.699Z
- Style Crazeits nice, good update keep it up...2013-10-22T10:01:35.842Z
- PlayGroundOnline.comThis is really great feature for Authority. Thanks for the update. :)2013-09-17T10:31:43.103Z
- TobyCrabtreeIts a great post to read here on storify. Its good to connect our story with both Google+ and Facebook. Thanks for posting such a great information!2013-09-02T09:30:35.827Z