Election Day 2012 through the eyes of the voters
Citizens of the United States went to the polls in national elections after a hard-fought campaign. For the latest media being collected on Storify, go to our election page at http://election.storify.com #elections2012 #election #obama #romney
- After months of campaigning, rallies and debates, Americans voted Tuesday to re-elect President Barack Obama, who held off a challenge for the White House by Republican Gov. Mitt Romney.
- The vote was the first U.S. national ballot to take place since widespread adoption of social media and smartphones, with many millions of people sharing their experiences online on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others -- giving a view of the election through the eyes of the voters themselves.
- Here's a look at some of what voters shared on Election Day as collected by Storify users. For the latest, go to our election page at election.storify.com
Voting through filters by The New York Times
- Turning to the photo social network Instagram, the Times' Caucus blog asked people to share voting photos using the hashtag #NYTelection, and then used the Storify API to build this interactive display:
- You can also view the latest photos they are collecting as a slideshow on Storify at this link: http://storify.com/thecaucus/instagramming-the-election/slideshow …. Here are some of the photos the Times chose from across the country:
New Jersey voters go to polls in Sandy aftermath
- Some of the answers from locals there:
What the presidential candidates are doing on Election Day
- The Toronto Star tracked the social accounts of Romney and Obama to show a glimpse of how they are spending Election Day in their story here: http://storify.com/torontostar/u-s-election-what-obama-romney-are-tweeting-while …
- Some updates from Romney:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 24 already did!
- mikebratleyha ha big bird2014-02-22T00:52:30.598Z
- First Click Internet MarketingWish you all vote.2013-10-29T05:36:20.623Z
- dubstepmakerzso important to vote!2013-08-25T22:59:29.103Z
- John Van EinChina makes 10 year plans and the USA elects a President for just 4 years. Since China is now a major competitor of the USA, it is time that longer strategic...China makes 10 year plans and the USA elects a President for just 4 years. Since China is now a major competitor of the USA, it is time that longer strategic planning was party of the vision moving forwards.more2012-11-14T13:51:48.294Z
- ernestomakackaInteresting coverage folks!!!2012-11-13T06:06:46.490Z
- Susan DiazMake him understood this business degree : http://goo.gl/qUEUw2012-11-09T10:33:37.131Z
- Indymedia CZHow about this guys? http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/06/machine-turns-vote-for-obama-into-one-for-romney/2012-11-07T00:19:03.439Z