The world remembers Neil Armstrong
With the passing of the first man on the moon, the world remembers the man and that amazing day.
- — Neal Mann (@fieldproducer)Sat, Aug 25 2012 16:13:46If you missed it worth checking my timeline for people's tweets to me of their memories of Neil Armstrong's stepping on the moon,great stuff
- — Jonathon Smith (@thatjonsmith)Sat, Aug 25 2012 15:18:53@fieldproducer watching the moon over the sea in Majorca. I keep staring at it. I still can’t get my head around that he was there.
- — Rupert Evelyn (@rupertevelyn)Sat, Aug 25 2012 14:44:40@fieldproducer just took the dog out and looked at the moon. Remarkable that anyone was ever brave enough to go there
- — Rick Ollie (@rickollie)Sat, Aug 25 2012 14:09:24@fieldproducer sitting on my grandfather's lap, motorcycle helmet on pretending it was me. Truly was one small step and one giant leap.
- — Keith Garnet Millar (@acaciatourism)Sat, Aug 25 2012 14:06:34@fieldproducer I was a young boy of 11 years old in South Africa no TV listening over the radio in complete awe will never forget
- — gardentraveler (@gardentraveler)Sat, Aug 25 2012 14:02:47@fieldproducer I was 11 and at grandma's in Mexico. TV was in the den. Whole family crowded in to watch, amazed.
- — Jacquelin Magnay (@jacquelinmagnay)Sat, Aug 25 2012 14:00:25@fieldproducer saw moon from nans lawn and ran inside to tv, ran outside again wondering if they would do a moon handstand, like us kids
- — Rowena Vaughan (@RJVDesigns)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:57:49@fieldproducer as a 4yr old sat in front of small b&w in Hong Kong told by mum watch & remember this it's historic! I have. It was amazing.
- — Joan Greening (@TheWriterJoan)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:53:53@fieldproducer I got engaged that evening, looking up at the moon. Have been married 41 years. A magical night. RIP Neil.
- — Colin Rosenthal (@colinrosenthal)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:52:06@fieldproducer I was five. It was about 3a.m. and the whole family was gathered in my parents' bed. I'll always be thankful they woke us.
- — Gregory McNeill (@gregoryiain)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:49:23@fieldproducer left school excited prev day watched orbit on friends telly. Pretended to sleep at home till dad brought us down. Happy days
- — clarissa natali (@claireangel2)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:45:57@fieldproducer I was 9 yrs. old, our family gathered around the TV. Felt goose-bumpy-just knew I was watching something big.
- — Don Church (@morrismummer)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:43:13@fieldproducer Dad woke me to watch, said "You'll never see anything like this again". Special memories I will never forget.
- — Deborah Corbet (@DeborahCorbet)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:41:59@fieldproducer my dad say us all down in the family room to watch as he put it "a moment that will change our lives". Remember like yesterdy
- — E.A. Madden (@Itsthejobsstupi)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:41:10@fieldproducer -I was in school. We were excused frm class 2 watch landing "live". Crowded in2 a room, gathered around old TV. Total silence
- — Karen Braun (@SpunkyBraun)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:40:08@fieldproducer I was 6 and stood in a store w/my mom and watched on their TV because we knew we would miss it if we tried to get home.
- — Elise Aasen (@TheEliselise)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:37:57@fieldproducer After seeing landing on TV I stood in my Norwegian schoolyard watching the moon; absolutely amazed that ppl were walkng there
- — David Ll Williams (@DavidLlWilliams)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:37:14@fieldproducer was in a caravan near Plymouth aged 4 watching on a b/w tv in awe. 1st memory of life. Wanted to be an astronaut ever since.
- — Keith Krebs (@KeithEKrebs)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:36:48@fieldproducer It was the early AM of my seventh b-day. Dad woke me up to watch it, sleepy-eyed, a barely discernible B&W image on our TV.
- — uberbabyboomer (@uberbabyboomer)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:34:26
- — Paul Eldred (@pauleldred)Sat, Aug 25 2012 13:34:51@fieldproducer I was 11, Mum wouldn't let me stay up. Big brother woke me up, took me to his house to watch it! A memorable night for me.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- peterdiapreGee thanks2012-08-26T09:01:01.580Z