WWDC Tickets, Cancelled?
After the madhouse rush to buy tickets for WWDC yesterday, several developers got emails from Apple saying their tickets were "not eligible" and thus were cancelled. The common thread seems to be that buying multiple tickets with the same credit card and billing address caused the issue.
- — Aaron Hillegass (@AaronHillegass)Wed, Apr 25 2012 15:20:47I just got an email from Apple "Because you are not eligible to buy it, we are canceling the WWDC ticket you bought this morning." What?!
- — Brian Mastenbrook (@bmastenbrook)Wed, Apr 25 2012 16:37:16Argh. Apple just cancelled one of our WWDC tickets because we used the same (company) credit card & billing address for both tickets.
- — Rogue Amoeba (@RogueAmoeba)Wed, Apr 25 2012 16:50:29Apple cancelled a WWDC ticket order for using the same credit card. No chance a company might buy multiple tickets with the same card?
- — Exact Magic (@exactmagic)Wed, Apr 25 2012 19:53:07same here. what a cluster @RogueAmoeba Apple cancelled a WWDC ticket order for using the same credit card. No chance a company might buy...
- — Brian Mastenbrook (@bmastenbrook)Wed, Apr 25 2012 18:19:51@ejacqui re WWDC ticketing, Apple has also batch cancelled multiple tickets bought on one CC# even if the devs were on the same team.
- — Jordan Bellanti (@MavFan2007)Wed, Apr 25 2012 18:56:43
- — Scott Gustafson (@scottg0)Wed, Apr 25 2012 20:34:24Apple cancelled my wife's #WWDC ticket for some unknown reason (said it was duplicate purchase). Very frustrating. Trying to get fixed now.
- — Matthew McComb (@msmccomb)Wed, Apr 25 2012 23:15:23WWDC ticket cancelled by Apple because the company card was used to purchase 2 tickets (different dev. accounts, shipping addresses, names!)
- — Gerd Van Zegbroeck (@zambiorix)Thu, Apr 26 2012 00:28:37I hear stories of people getting their wwdc ticket(s) cancelled. All of them bought multiple tickets with the same CC.
- — Jorge Pedroso (@jpedroso)Thu, Apr 26 2012 04:39:29@dancounsell so, we just had 1 of 2 WWDC tickets cancelled. Problem seems to be using the same credit card for purchases. Your case too?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.