How to Visit Nantucket
Here are some tips for a day on Nantucket. This can be the start of a multi-day vacation, or a plan to get the most out a one day visit.
- Take the Hy-Line Grey Lady High Speed cruise to Nantucket. Thanks to Hy-Line Crusises for the ride.
- You can reserve round-trip tickets and parking online.
- The ride is very smooth and takes about an hour.
- The view of Brant Point lighthouse, as you arrive in Nantucket is the best. You'll be walking to here soon.
- When you dock, you collect your luggage and then either walk, take a cab, or meet pre-arraged tansportation to get to your lodging.
- We enjoy staying at the Whote Elephant Village and Inn. It's got a pool and free bike rentals. They also have sister hotels on the island.
- If your room is ready you can check-in, or just check your bags and head out for the day. The friendly people at the front desk will call you when your room is ready.
- Belt drive bikes are available as part of your hotel stay. They are very very quiet and fun to ride.
- It's a short walk from the hotel to the Brant Point Lighthouse.
- You can continue your walk along the water or on the parallel street to Jetties Beach. Lots of great shells can be found on the beach walk.