The SXSW Hangover: Wrapping Up SXSW 2013
South by Southwest 2013 is officially a wrap! We've made it successfully through Music, Film and Interactive (not to mention SXSWedu and SXSW Comedy.) So let's run through the wrap ups and obligatory stories about SXSW's impact, as well as the coolest new tech, films and bands:
- Because SXSW has long since evolved beyond just a local thing, let's quickly run through some of the national media perspective, from CNN wrapping up trends at Interactive (Space! 3-D Printing!), to Time's music highlights (Dave Grohl apparently "won" SXSW). AdWeek also put out a really interesting "by the numbers" graphic of SXSW winners and losers based on social mentions.
- Since past Interactives boosted the then-fledgling apps of Twitter and Foursquare, SXSW has become a place for businesses to launch and a place for social media to be watched. So it isn't surprising to see everyone from individuals to Forbes talking about the new "hot" businesses and the crazy stunts they pulled to get noticed:
- And even though Vine wasn't one of the new folks with extreme marketing campaigns at SXSW, the newly launched app became a way to watch SXSW unfold around Austin:
- And our Deborah Sengupta made beautiful use of it to capture some of her highlights of SXSW Music:
- Austin, recently named the fastest growing large metro area, potentially has a lot to gain from SXSW. Last year's festival had a $190 million economic impact to the city, and speculation on this year's impact is alive and well on social media:
- We already know there were record-breaking numbers at SXSW Interactive and the free Auditorium Shores concerts:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!