Richard Sherman: Seahawks' rant was one for the ages
Interviewed after the game by FOX reporter Erin Andrews, Sherman stole the show and lit up Twitter with a rant.
- Richard Sherman stole the show Sunday, first by deflecting a pass intended for 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree in the corner of the end zone with less than a minute left, right into the arms of Seattle teammate Malcolm Smith to seal the Seahawks’ 23-17 win in the NFC conference final. His interview with Fox reporter Erni was one for the ages.
- Not surprisingly, fans and media on Twitter were both critical and supportive.
- — Alexus Leigh ❤ (@alexusleigh1124)Mon, Jan 20 2014 04:44:27I swear Richard Sherman is the most classless player in the NFL. If you have to tell every1 you're the best, you're obviously not #cocky
- — Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny)Mon, Jan 20 2014 04:59:53
- — Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)Sun, Jan 19 2014 18:59:58I appreciate Richard Sherman's honesty. Everyone complaining can have all the cliches these guys try to give you. I'll take THAT instead.
- — Smart Football (@smartfootball)Sun, Jan 19 2014 19:04:28Richard Sherman's degree from Stanford: Communications. For what it's worth, I think he clearly delivered his message
- — Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio)Sun, Jan 19 2014 20:46:24The world is full of those who trash talk others behind their backs while Richard Sherman does it in public. The latter is at least honest
- Of course, others had a lot of fun with it.
- — Pension Plan Muppets (@mlse)Mon, Jan 20 2014 05:41:30God bless the internet RT @xmasape: Sure enough, someone made a video edit of Mean Gene interviewing Richard Sherman http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/01/mean-gene-okerlund-interviews-richard-sherman.html …
- Sherman didn't back down on his Twitter account after the game.
- — Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25)Sun, Jan 19 2014 21:21:02There was a lot of talk before the game.... Now I'm the bad guy lol.... Well if u judge my character on the field ....So many glass houses
- Crabtree told reporters after the game: “Sherman made a good play. That’s probably the only play he made all game. I ain’t getting into that, he knows what time it is. When we’re on the field, he ain’t doing nothin’. That’s one play, you know what I’m saying? . . . He’s a TV guy, I’m not a TV guy. I play ball.” Crabtree also went on Twitter after the game.
- — Michael Crabtree (@KingCrab15)Sun, Jan 19 2014 20:18:02
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.