- Chris Froome was the man in the yellow jersey at the start of the second week and being leader of the race meant dealing with the doping questions.
- — Michelle Cound (@michellecound)Tue, Jul 09 2013 02:38:34
- Week 2 kicked off with a flat stage for the sprinters.
- Marcel Kittel won the stage but the headlines went to Mark Cavendish and Tom Veelers, who collided, sending Veelers crashing as they came into the last few hundred meters. Opinions were divided over who was to blame, but the incident was referred to the race jury who concluded it was not Cavendish's fault.
- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Tue, Jul 09 2013 09:25:54Not seen a replay of the final yet, but was involved in an incident with Tom Veelers. Whatever has happened, if I'm at fault, I'm sorry.
- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Tue, Jul 09 2013 09:30:55There's no way I'd move on a rider deliberately, especially one not contesting a sprint. I hope @tom_veelers is ok.
- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Tue, Jul 09 2013 09:34:41Just seen the sprint. I believe I didn't move line. I'm actually coming past Veelers & we touch elbows when he moves. Anyway, hope he's ok.
- — Robbie McEwen (@mcewenrobbie)Tue, Jul 09 2013 09:35:10
- — Greg Henderson (@Greghenderson1)Tue, Jul 09 2013 09:51:16Big congrats Argos and @marcelkittel. Really hope Tom Veelers is ok. Completely knocked off his bike unnecessarily. That's not professional.
- Lotto Belisol's Marcel Sieberg revealed his post-race recovery technique was relatively simple.
- Stage 11 was the first of two individual time trials in this year's Tour, against the picturesque backdrop of Mont St Michel.
- — Andrew Talansky (@andrewtalansky)Thu, Jul 11 2013 01:01:28Finally got myself a mirrored visor for tt helmet yesterday. Idea was to mask my obvious pain. Judging from photos I've seen, it didn't work
- He may be the World Champion, but Tony Martin had to put in a huge effort to win the stage.
- After his crash with Tom Veelers the day before, Mark Cavendish was subjected to abuse from people in the crowd and had urine thrown at him on the time trial
- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:17:45Well i think the apple juice looks far from appetising for me tonight... And I'm not taking the piss. Did that once already today. #standup
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.