- The Tour de France moved from Corisca to mainland France for stage 4, with a team time trial in Nice to start the proceedings. After their first Tour stage win on Monday, Orica GreenEdge made it back-to-back victories with a win in the team time trial that also put Simon Gerrans in the yellow jersey.
- It may have been a momentous day for Orica GreenEdge, but the day ended in heartbreak for David Millar, whose Garmin team were one of the favourites before the stage which could have put Millar in the yellow jersey.
- — David Millar (@millarmind)Tue, Jul 02 2013 02:08:24I lost the yellow jersey in a TTT 13yrs ago. I get a chance to take it back today & there isn't another team I'd rather be on to do it.
- After fracturing his pelvis in the first weekend, Geraint Thomas incredibly continued to soldier on through the Tour.
- American Ted King was disqualified from the race after failing to finish the stage within the time cut by seven seconds
- — Ted King (@iamtedking)Wed, Jul 03 2013 03:14:15On the bus to the finish now. Sum it up in 140 characters? Emotionally exhausted. Thanks to all for the support. Means everything right now.
- Stage 5 to Marseille saw Mark Cavendish take his first win in the 2013 Tour and his 24th in total.
- — Simon Gerrans (@simongerrans)Wed, Jul 03 2013 14:16:50Incredible feeling racing today's stage in the yellow jersey. Big thanks to the guys for working their butts off to keep me in it tomorrow.
- — Mark Cavendish (@MarkCavendish)Wed, Jul 03 2013 10:17:29Love the overwhelming pride to be part of a team of warriors. @opqscyclingteam's 1st won of this years Tour de France. Thank you guys.
- Stage 6 saw the Tour head to Monpellier.
- — Geraint Thomas (@GeraintThomas86)Thu, Jul 04 2013 09:22:35Got to say big thanks to all support from within the bunch!! Lost count of all the little pushes (in a good way) I've had!! #gettingbetter
- Andre Greipel was the stage winner after beating Peter Sagan and Mark Cavendish in the sprint finish.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!