Cupid's Cup: The University of Maryland Business Competition
Six finalist startups had six minutes to deliver a business pitch to Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank and a panel of judges in front of 1,000 attendees. UMD’s Earth Starter, maker of the Nourishmat modular garden kit, took home over $50k as the top winner of the eighth annual Cupid’s Cup.
We were so excited for the 2013 Cupid's Cup!This year, the Smith School's Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship took the competition national and launched with a new look and new prizes to be won.
- The news began to spread.
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank makes a national call for applicants.
- Plank's call was heard around the nation. The best and brightest student entrepreneurs were chosen for Cupid's Cup.
- The public was invited to join in on the action.
Before we knew it, the big day was approaching.
Entrepreneurs and startups showcased their products and ideas at the Business & Innovation Showcase sponsored by BB&T in the Riggs Alumni Center before the competition.
- Terp Marketplace was held in conjunction with the Showcase- allowing UMD students to sell their products to Cupid's Cup's many attendees.
- Coffee is always a must on days like this.
- We ran into last year's winners while checking out the showcase.
- There were so many amazing entrepreneurs and companies to meet- we wish we had had more time!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.