@Channel_21 Shoots the Messenger
On Sunday night @Channel_21 announced that it had "taken over" @BoratSays's (formerly @RealChopperRead) twitter account. Unfortunately they failed to register the domain name linked from their twitter profile. Rather than admitting that they'd goofed they shot, abused and slandered the messenger.
- I was surprised to see this tweet in my timeline. I had no idea who @Channel_21 was or which account they'd taken over.
- I checked the timeline of @Channel_21 and found the history.
- They twitter profile referenced a website channel21.com.au I clicked the link but it wouldn't load. I checked DNS and whois to discover that the domain was unregistered. I've been thinking about doing on some video tutorials and liked the sound of the name, so I grabbed the domain. I pointed out Channel 21's mistake, in a light hearted way.
- Even @Channel_21 found my tweets amusing, at first. They even offered me a job.
- By this stage I wasn't sure @Channel_21 knew very much about domain name registration. Their next tweet confirmed it.
- Then ignorance gave way to abuse.
- I find it amusing when people who are ignorant start talking of lawyering up. I couldn't resist this tweet.
- I have the card of an IP lawyer who, last time I checked charge 450AUD per hour. I've since had people DM me details of others, but I'm yet to check their rates.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.