Creative & Digital | 12.03.02
Highlights in creative, digital and business news. Reads that I find interesting and informational about strategy, design, visualization, creative thinking, social media, visual media, and the collective web.
- Every once in a while there's a great marketing video. Today is the once in a while:
- Ever wonder how many of these videos are being watched at any given time of day?Every 60 seconds two million videos are viewed on YouTube, 700,000 messages are delivered by way of Facebook, 175,000 tweets are fired off into the ether, and 2,000 Foursquare check-ins tell the world where we are. Read on to view the entire inforgraphic.The numbers are impressive.
- The biggest challenge related to content and sharing on the web is protection (or violation) of copyright. Even as a content creator/contributor, I see Pinterest as a way of curating the big span that is the web. But many copyright and intellectual property owners think otherwise.Here are some current reads on the issue of repinning, reposting.
- This article highlights my modus operandi: Justify the move that you made by proving it with data after the fact... If you design or create around previous data, you're limiting innovation.
- Last but not least, this week's biggest news in social media has been Facebook Timeline for Pages. Take a look at some creative ways other brands have used it, and how you can make it work for you.
- Happy Friday. Happy Reading. Happy Sharing.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.