OA and new approaches to peer review
Selected tweets from Ithaka Sustainable Scholarship Conference #iss2012,
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Mon, Oct 15 2012 13:13:01paraphrasing: many Uni presses are out of touch with parent institutions, narrowly focused, scared of experimentation due to cost #iss2012
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Mon, Oct 15 2012 13:15:07Perdue looking at opportunities for "white labelling" approaches - publish for other people, and they add their own branding
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Mon, Oct 15 2012 13:24:34some what if questions: concept of journal has no meaning, distribution channels explodes/implodes, metrics change radically? #iss2012
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Mon, Oct 15 2012 13:26:49value and membership of associations diminishing as more journals available via open access #iss2012 what are the new business models?
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Tue, Oct 16 2012 06:01:41Day 2 of Sustainable Scholarship Conference http://www.ithaka.org/conference/ithaka-sustainable-scholarship-2012 …g/conference/ithaka-sustainable-scholarship-2012 - firsiss2012ote will be on new forms of peer review #iss2012
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Tue, Oct 16 2012 06:46:56Planned Obsolescence by @kftz http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/mcpress/plannedobsolescence/ …futiss2012ebook.org/mcpress/plannedobsolescence/ #iss2012
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Tue, Oct 16 2012 06:55:57think time for a plug for @mweller's Digital Scholarship book http://www.bloomsburyacademic.com/view/DigitalScholar_9781849666275/book-ba-9781849666275.xml …yaiss2012.com/view/DigitalScholar_9781849666275/book-ba-9781849666275.xml #iss2012 - ties in well with current presentation
- — Sheila MacNeill (@sheilmcn)Tue, Oct 16 2012 07:04:30open peer review processes makes review process more transparent, raises questions that are rarely asked of traditional processes #iss2012
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.