A stadium and redeveloped waterfront plan from U-T San Diego's ownership and opinion arm
A front-page editorial proposing San Diego build a stadium, sports arena and expanded convention center at the Tenth Avenue Marine Terminal, also detailed in the Dialog section of the newspaper, lit up Twitter on Sunday.
- The A1 editorial:
- The details:
- The image:
- Reaction from Mayor Jerry Sanders, the Chargers, organized labor and Sanders' convention center plan point person:
- Word that San Diego's waterfront, long deemed prime property and eyed (and rebuffed) as a potential stadium site since at least 2004, was again being explored for major redevelopment spread after midnight when the posts went live on utsandiego.com.
- The conversation started quickly, and picked up as people awoke to the editorials and renderings.
- The idea caught national attention in one well-read journalism industry website.
- Locally, questions and comments kept coming into the afternoon. A sample:
- Even mayoral aide Gerry Braun, a former U-T San Diego columnist, got involved.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.