Big Bay Boom? Big Bay Bust!
In its 12th year, the Big Bay Boom fireworks show over San Diego Bay is one of San Diego's largest. People camp out hours ahead of time to party and get a proper view. But Wednesday night, an apparent malfunction shot off every single firework in seconds before the show's scheduled 9 p.m. start.
- In this case, pictures are worth 1,000 words.
- NBC turned around a story almost as fast as the fireworks to explain that a "technical difficulty" was to blame and that people were told to leave at about 9:20 p.m.
- Then posted video, too.
- YouTube lit up with video.
- Reporters raced to get the story at a late hour. Here's U-T San Diego's.
- An apology from the event's organizers followed about 75 minutes after the fiasco.
- Another apology followed in a press release on bigbayboom.com: "We apologize for the brevity of the show and the technical difficulties.
- Some people put things in perspective.
- Others suggested we let bygones be bygones.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.