#TakeRoot13: Reproductive Justice Policy Roundtable
Panel from Take Root conference, red state perspectives on reproductive justice. Took place in Norman, Oklahoma, February 15 and 16, 2013.
- This roundtable discussion covers current pro and anti-reproductive justice legislation trends in red states along with strategies to address them.
- Panelists: Sen. Constance Johnson, Martha Skeeters, Farah Diaz-Tello, Kate Richey, Atlee Breland
- Moderator: Sandie Holguin
- — Erin Matson (@erintothemax)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:17:31
- — robinmarty (@robinmarty)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:17:41
- — Sarah Young (@SaretaYoung)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:18:12Let's get real abt challenges of doing truly state-wide work & community building. Does it ever happen? Just in prog bubbles? #takeroot13
- — Sarah Young (@SaretaYoung)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:21:30Dr. Martha Skeeters relays community building techniques. Allowing all to introduce themselves & share in decision making. #takeroot13
- — Erin Matson (@erintothemax)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:24:06Since we haven't had a role model, we've invented ourselves as we go along. We organize starting with social media. #takeroot13
- — robinmarty (@robinmarty)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:25:57"We are trying to normalize the conversation around reproductive justice. We've broadened ourselves beyond just abortion." #takeroot13
- — Erin Matson (@erintothemax)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:30:18Okla has law where doctors have no liability for not disclosing status of fetus, e.g. problems. As a pregnant woman now -- wow! #takeroot13
- — Erin Matson (@erintothemax)Sat, Feb 16 2013 08:36:12The questions about whether someone has used infertility treatment are pretty stigmatizing -- are they natural? Please. #takeroot13
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.