#TakeRoot13: Reproductive Justice At Any Stage in Life: Health and Service Provision within RJ Framework
Panel from Take Root conference, red state perspectives on reproductive justice. Took place in Norman, Oklahoma, February 15 and 16, 2013.
- This panel explores the ways in which service providers are giving comprehensive and full-spectrum care in least accessible and hostile states.
- Panelists: Omare Jimmerson, Molly Oakley, Britt Whalin
- Moderator: Clemencia Rodriguez
- — Backline (@YourBackline)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:19:04
- — Trust Women (@TrustWomen)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:23:35Omare Jimmerson is discussing Provide's name change. Even having abortion in your name in a red state is a stigma. #takeroot13
- — Erin Matson (@erintothemax)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:24:28Omara Jimmerson on name change to Provide from Abortion Access Project: it allowed her to do red state work more openly. #takeroot13
- — robinmarty (@robinmarty)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:26:15"miscarriage management training initiative." because GUESS WHAT? Treating missed miscarriages is still abortion care. #takeroot13
- — Backline (@YourBackline)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:27:59Women having miscarriages often can't get care from their own providers, are sent to abortion clinics. Need continuity of care! #TakeRoot13
- — robinmarty (@robinmarty)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:29:24Oklahoma makes it illegal to train doctors in a necessary medical procedure. That is what anti-choice legislators do. #takeroot13
- — Backline (@YourBackline)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:34:49"What doctor would send a woman to an abortion clinic when she's having a miscarriage? Isn't their job to help them?" #TakeRoot13
- — Backline (@YourBackline)Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:35:59"We train abortion clinics not to assume everyone is there for elective procedure, or that everyone having a miscarriage is sad. #takeroot13
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.