#TakeRoot13: Hostile Attitudes, Hostile Environments
Panel from Take Root conference, red state perspectives on reproductive justice. Took place in Norman, Oklahoma, February 15 and 16, 2013.
- From tense conversations with neighbors to clinic violence, how we all negotiate standing for reproductive justice in hostile environments.
- Panelists: Carol Mason, Julie Burkhardt, Tommy Chesbro, JT Hammons
- Moderator: Lisa Funnel
- — Anna Rubin (@quicksilvre)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:11:26Time for the "Hostile Attitudes, Hostile Environment" session. It's difficult for me to engage w/hostility, hope to learn better #takeroot13
- — Emma (@FreeStFeminist)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:18:12
- — Anna Rubin (@quicksilvre)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:24:02Airport security is racialized & sexualized hostility; choice between radiation & humiliating patdown is a miserable choice #takeroot13
- — Trust Women (@TrustWomen)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:24:52We ask people to give up privacy and safety in order to exist in our "security" driven society, for ex. airport screenings #takeroot13
- — Anna Rubin (@quicksilvre)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:32:52
- — Swine Floozy (@MollyJolene)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:34:23"So we dressed up like we were pregnant and said Randall Terry was the father" Julie Burkhart on fun ways of dealing with antis. #takeroot13
- — Katie K (@Katie_Kay11)Sat, Feb 16 2013 13:35:52But THEY are the nuisance. Their protests are what disturb the neighborhood. This issue will go before the zoning commission. #takeroot13
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.