TV stations cut away from gay marriage during Rose Parade
Did you miss the gay wedding aboard the AIDS Healthcare Foundation float during the 125th Rose Parade? You're not alone. Multiple TV stations cut away from the float quickly or entirely during the Wednesday morning live broadcast. Many took to Twitter to express their feelings about the decision.
- — D A W (@dorianwright)Wed, Jan 01 2014 10:17:42So, hands up everyone surprised that stations covering the Rose Parade either glossed over the wedding float or cut it entirely?
- — Josie Huang (@josie__huang)Wed, Jan 01 2014 09:57:38Blink and you'd miss it. NBC cuts away from gay wedding float from AIDS Healthcare Foundation before vows are exchanged #RoseParade
- — Dale Osborn (@daleosborn)Wed, Jan 01 2014 09:58:55Watching the Rose Bowl Parade on #HGTV. Props for them cutting away from the gay marriage ceremony just as fast as they could!
- — AIDS Healthcare (@AIDSHealthcare)Wed, Jan 01 2014 09:30:25Tune into your local telecast of the 125th ann @roseparade to view AHF's 3rd annual entry "Living the Dream: Love is the Best Protection"
- — Dave (@davetheubergeek)Wed, Jan 01 2014 10:05:08Hey @ABCNetwork, way to switch to football analysis so you don't have to show the Rose Parade gay wedding. Wrong side of history, anyone?
- — Tony Pierce (@busblog)Wed, Jan 01 2014 10:48:06What journalist will reveal the name of the person at NBC responsible for intentionally dissing the first gay marriage at the Rose Parade?
- — Rick Matthews (@RickMatthews6)Wed, Jan 01 2014 10:07:56Rose Parade: NBC shows AIDS float and comments on flowers but ignores gay wedding that happened on the float. No surprise.
- — Marie Watkins (@romawat_jobs)Wed, Jan 01 2014 09:59:14Rose parade TV coverage sucks - ABC has too many commercials AND they went to commercial to avoid showing the gay marriage float. Sad. 1/2
- — Erin Rae Osenbaugh (@E_BAUGH)Wed, Jan 01 2014 09:57:54A gay marriage ON a flower-covered float in the Rose Parade. My brain is having trouble processing that amount of gay. BEST. PARADE. EVER.
- — DAVID (@intenseCA)Wed, Jan 01 2014 10:35:24So, w/Mod Family &Glee, u think #LGBT rights hv come far? Notice how ALL networks passed by the AIDS float in RoseP 2 avoid marriage contro?
- — Michael Edwards (@eggwards)Wed, Jan 01 2014 07:58:41So NBC and ABC, will you show the wedding on the AIDS Healthcare Foundation float, or will you go to commercial? #RoseParade
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- NewsReaderSo glad TV did not cover this attrocity.2014-01-02T03:14:50.974Z