'Sharknado' chatter takes over social media
The premise of Syfy's "Sharknado," which premiered Thursday night, is simple: An ocean tornado picks up a swarm of sharks and deposits them in Los Angeles, causing mass chaos (and, of course, shark attacks). Did you miss it? Catch up with social media reaction from York-area viewers.
- The hype started early, and folks who had other plans for the evening or -- gasp! -- no cable subscription began regretting it.
- The first killing-by-shark didn't take long.
- And despite some questions on how believable the film's premise was, viewers remained enthusiastic throughout.
- — Cinco DiMayo (@GingerLoveXXX)Thu, Jul 11 2013 19:48:31A guy just chainsawed through a shark, cutting it in half.... Very realistic! I would have done the same thing #SharkNado
- — Jeff Lorow (@JeffLorow)Thu, Jul 11 2013 19:55:19
- — Chris Dunn (@christhedunn)Thu, Jul 11 2013 19:22:28It's clear to me that tonight, #sharknado is uniting Americans of all races, classes and creeds in a way that nothing else can. And I weep.
- — Natasha Lindstrom (@NewsNatasha)Thu, Jul 11 2013 22:03:44
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.