Twitter banned in Pakistan
Twitter has been temporarily banned across Pakistan on Sunday by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. Twitter was reportedly blocked due to "blasphemous & inflammatory content." Ironically one of the first places where the news popped up was the Micro-blogging website!
- — BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking)Sun, May 20 2012 03:29:12
- — Aleem Maqbool (@AleemMaqbool)Sun, May 20 2012 04:01:20@sam_theone911 twitter banned by pakistan gov for 'blasphemous & inflammatory content" - mention of 'those' cartoons again too...
- — Alex von Tunzelmann (@alexvtunzelmann)Sun, May 20 2012 04:00:59Pakistan's #Twitterban is absurd, but fortunately also inept, to judge by the number of Pakistanis still tweeting. Good!
- — Saqib I Ahmed (@SaqibReports)Sun, May 20 2012 03:45:12Pakistan's Interior minister @SenRehmanMalik's tweet from yesterday where he says Twitter/FB won't be banned! https://twitter.com/#!/SenRehmanMalik/status/203961375087788032 …!/SenRehmanMalik/status/203961375087788032
- — Rehman Malik (@SenRehmanMalik)Sat, May 19 2012 14:32:35Dear all, I assure u that Twitter and FB will continue in our country and it will not be blocked. Pl do not believe in rumors.
- — Mehreen Kasana (@mehreenkasana)Sun, May 20 2012 02:39:07Twitter banned in Pakistan (for now). It's inaccessible on broadband connections but working on mobile phones. IT Ministry, you're so silly.
- — Ajith Mathew George (@AjithMG)Sun, May 20 2012 04:14:00
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!