SABR 42: Day 3 wrap-up
Check out the top tweets from Day 3 of the SABR 42 convention, Friday, June 29, 2012, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Day 3 at SABR 42 began with an informative session by Minnesota Twins general manager Terry Ryan.
- Ryan answered dozens of questions from the audience candidly and honestly.
- — The Common Man (@commnman)Fri, Jun 29 2012 08:14:35Terry Ryan thinks he doesn't belong in the clubhouse after a "shellacking" or a walkoff. That's for players, coaches & staff. #SABR42
- Speaking of the Twins ... rest in peace, Harmon Killebrew.
- — sabr (@sabr)Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:16:32Fitting that we're here in Minneapolis on Harmon Killebrew's birthday. RIP, Killer. #SABR42 #MNTwins http://sabr.org/latest/killebrews-road-cooperstown-was-anything-smooth …st/killebrews-road-cooperstown-was-anything-smooth
- Meanwhile, up in the Vendors Room:
- After a few morning presentations, it was time for the SABR 42 Awards Luncheon!
- Tom Heitz, former Librarian at the National Baseball Hall of Fame Library, accepted his Henry Chadwick Award in person, along with David W. Smith and F.C. Lane (represented by Alma Ivor-Campbell, a longtime SABR member and Lane's great-niece).
- Paying tribute to the late Bob McConnell, a SABR co-founder and an icon in baseball research:
- SABR's Scouts Committee honored longtime baseball executive Bob Gebhard with its Roland Hemond Award, which recognizes an executive's commitment to scouting and player development.
- And some big news for future convention attendees (yes, we know the real Astroworld was torn down!)
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.