SABR 42: Day 2 wrap-up
Check out the top tweets from Day 2 of the SABR 42 convention, Thursday, June 28, 2012, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Day 2 of SABR 42 began with a bang, as Executive Director Marc Appleman announced during the Annual Business Meeting that SABR had completed a major licensing deal with MLB Advanced Media.
Content from SABR will be integrated throughout MLB.com, will be featured on the Baseball Memory Lab front screen and within Baseball Memory Lab content areas, and will be included in the MLB.com historical area.
Not to mention ...
- Here's the story:
- After the business meeting concluded, we welcomed Minnesota Twins president Dave St. Peter (@TwinsPrez on Twitter), who delivered the opening remarks. He spoke candidly on such topics as the Twins' recent poor play and pitching woes, the building of Target Field, Minnesota's long baseball tradition and the stability of the organization.
- As the first round of research presentations were set to begin, another group of SABR 42 attendees took in a special private tour of Target Field, led by SABR member and Twins official curator Clyde Doepner.
- The presentations were a high point of the day, as talks were delivered on a variety of topics (see the full list here).
- In the afternoon, our first featured panel of the day was on Official Scorers for MLB teams. The three entertaining panelists told some colorful stories.
- The SABR 42 Vendors Room also opened for business Thursday on the 6th floor of the Marriott, and convention attendees had a chance to add a baseball book, program, magazine, photo, card or other artifact to their collections.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.