Wisconsin hockey at Nebraska-Omaha
Chronicling my trip to Omaha, Neb., with the Badger men's hockey team for its series against Nebraska-Omaha (Feb. 27-Mar. 2)
- WEDNESDAY, Feb. 27Depart Madison at 6 p.m.
- Arrive at CenturyLink Center Omaha at 1:30 a.m. to unload the players' equipment bags and get the visitor's locker room set up for the next day's practice.
- THURSDAY, Feb. 28
- Head to Eppley Airfield at 1 p.m. to pick the team up after its flight.
- Head to practice at 4 p.m.
- Every Thursday, the team concludes its practice with a shoot out competition. This week's winner was sophomore forward Joseph LaBate, who beat out sophomore forward Brendan Woods in the finals.
- — Paul Capobianco (@BadgerMHockey)Thu, Feb 28 2013 14:46:26LaBate takes the shootout over Woods. Lots of controversy. One LaBate shot went through net and McCabe with a fan then goal on follow.
- Next was dinner at Spencer's Steakhouse ay 6:30 p.m.
- FRIDAY, March 1
- After breakfast, the team headed back over to CenturyLink Center Omaha for a gameday morning skate at 10 a.m.
- Friday's game was the Badgers' second nationally televised game of the season.
- — Brendan Woods (@SkeeterWoods21)Fri, Mar 01 2013 09:32:17
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.