#swvawx on June 29
Large chunks of the Roanoke and New River valleys are in the dark tonight after a storm with wind gusts reported at 81 mph moved through the area, downing trees, sparking fires and wreaking havoc — or at least reports of it. Follow updates: http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/310862
- — Kevin Myatt (@KevinMyattWx)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:46:40I was on the roof of The Roanoke Times for much of this storm. Incredible # of power flashes. Lots of blowing dust. Very un-Virginia-like.
- — Jordan Fifer (@JordanFifer)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:41:02Area emergency dispatch centers are in so-called crisis mode, meaning they divert resources differently bc of call volume #swvawx
- — Town of Blacksburg (@Blacksburg_Gov)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:32:10As of midnight, Blacksburg Transit will be open as an emergency shelter for those without power in Blacksburg. No pets are allowed. (1/2)
- — Jessica Anderson (@whetstone_)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:29:43Power out and I hear chainsaws (eastern Christiansburg 460), but knowing my neightbors, those things could be unrelated. #swvawx
- — Jordan Fifer (@JordanFifer)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:20:29
- — Jordan Fifer (@JordanFifer)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:18:20
- — Laura Schneider (@LSchneider013)Fri, Jun 29 2012 20:13:01@roanoketimes Trees down across the road in Blacksburg, VA. @wsls @WDBJ7 #swvawx http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4212349635090&set=a.4212345114977.2179511.1475493282&type=1&theater …com/photo.php?fbid=4212349635090&set=a.4212345114977.2179511.1475493282&type=1&theater
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.