A birthday weekend
A story of food, sweat, and love.
- I've got a busy Saturday ahead of me. Starting off my day right with something healthy that will wake me up! Not pictured were the meat, cheese, and nuts to go with this beautiful grapefruit.
- Didn't get the full workout in this morning, partly because of time, partly because I mentally wussed out. So tired. But I did manage to hit a quick 10# PR. I hit 115# today. I know there is more in the tank just gota get that technique down. Thanks @mason_walsh for the video skillz, with a z because that makes it legit. #edss530ig
- Rushing from one thing to next. Straight from the gym to the TPA workshop. 2 hours of sitting after a workout is harder than you think.
- After my the TPA workshop I headed to Sprouts where I did the weekly grocery shopping, where I ran into my husband. He works two jobs to support me through school so we don't get to see much of each other unless I visit him at work. Today is the day before his birthday and he doesn't know what I'm planning for later that evening to celebrate.
- We try our hardest to be healthy eaters. This is all the food I buy for a whole week for the two of us. Lots and lots of fruits and veggies, very few packaged items. Sometimes I will buy dark chocolate for my big sweet tooth, but this week I didn't. I can do without it. I hope.
- Finally after working, the TPA workshop, grocery shopping, and putting everything away I get a moment to sit down, relax, and refuel with something good for me.
- After secretly wrapping his presents, picking up a cake, getting the house cleaned and set up for the party, we finally made it to dinner with our families. We are celebrating 27 years of life for my amazing husband. We have been married for 2 years and this is the second time all our families have gotten together...the first time since we the day we were married. It was a success! This man loves himself and Islands burger. After dinner we went home to unwrap gifts, eat some cake and ice cream, and socialize with the family. We missed the Family members that couldn't be there.
- To end this hectic weekend, we spent the evening of his actual birthday walking on the beach, talking about all the things we are grateful for and why we're grateful for them. I sure love this smile more than anything.
- Apparently he enjoyed his birthday weekend. If you know this man, you know frolicking and jumping around is the way he lives his life. I love spending my time with him and his uplifting, lighthearted nature. He never fails to remind me to lighten up, a reminder I need often. Celebrating his birhtday for the whole weekend was my way of saying thank you. I'm the lucky one.
- Even after a long weekend of eating cake and cupcakes and ice cream, I was still able to get back to the gym and do what I love doing the most: beating myself at something. Every day I try to improve on something, or do something I was never able to do before. Today it was a legless rope climb, tomorrow it could be anything.