June 30th - Public sector unions strike over pensions
Composed of reports from people taking part in the pickets, protest and rallies across Britain.
- The whole of the London demonstration is captured in this time lapse by Paul Hanes
- — BrumAgainstCuts (@BrumAgainstCuts)Thu, Jun 30 2011 14:39:33
- — ResistCoalition (@ResistCoalition)Thu, Jun 30 2011 14:38:51
- — ResistCoalition (@ResistCoalition)Thu, Jun 30 2011 14:11:30Audioboo: Newcastle primary school teachers on their 1st strike http://audioboo.fm/boos/400911-newcastle-primary-school-teachers-on-their-1st-strike?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter … via @Audioboo #j30 #June30 #saveourpensions
- — ResistCoalition (@ResistCoalition)Thu, Jun 30 2011 09:34:44June 30: Colchester report: Striking workers in Colchester rallied outside the Town Hall today in protest at the... bit.ly/imfaYy
Two of the most popular items on Twitter today: a picture of Michael Gove on the picket line in 1990, and MumsNet's massive support for the strikes. Hypocrisy on the one hand and solidarity on the other so perfectly expressed.
Seems like Bristol had a fantastic march today, too. The reports just keep rolling in!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.